Tuesday 18 June 2019

Convention Season.

I’m finding that Convention Season is back in my life and my diary. I’m now in place as Events Rep at the mighty Nobrow and will be touring the UK representing this excellent company in the coming weeks, months and years. The schedule is already looking busy in June and July so I thought I’d highlight a few that I’ll be visiting for a little look around at or tabling and selling.

Pop over to the site and have a look at what’s out and what we have coming soon (cough, cough - NEW HILDA!) https://nobrow.net/

If I don’t have a table and you want one of our books for yourself or your store then let me know in advance and I’ll bring a copy along.

First up is MaccPow in Macclesfield.



I haven’t been to this event before but met up with organiser (and poster artist) Marc Jackson at the NCS Festival last month. Looks like a great lineup that includes Lew Stringer, Hannah Berry, Rachael Smith, Hunt Emerson, Dave Leach, Roger Langridge, Nick Brokenshire, Emmeline Pidgen, Jessica Kemp, Tor Freeman, Jacob Phillips, Nigel Parkinson and David M Barnett.

I’m also looking forward to finally meeting up with Podcast pals Ian and Nicole from The Lakes Podcast and more (BUY LEAF! It’s great!)

Follow this link to find out more http://maccpow.co.uk/ It’s also a free event!

One week later is something more of a hike/journey to the land of my mother, my dog and Groundskeeper Willie.



Another first for me but I’ve heard some great things about this event. I’ll be passing through as a punter but will also have a boot full of recent Nobrow books ‘In Waves, ‘Kingdon’ and ‘Skip’ so let me know beforehand and I’ll hand deliver.

Back to GCC - they have a cracking guest list. Chip Zdarsky, Frank Quitely, Brian Stelfreeze and Ian Kennedy!

There’s a lot of great buzz about this event and I’m looking forward to seeing some of my Small Press brethren in attendance.

You can have a look at the guest list here http://glasgowcomiccon.com/

Go buy your tickets here http://glasgowcomiccon.com/

I’ll be staying overnight and looking forward to a beer! (You have been warned!!)

Next up.


This is going to be flippin’ great!

Run by some of the comics people of the area that includes my Podcast Brother Vincent Hunt and the ball of energy that is Rachael Lee-Carter I’m pleased as punch to say that I’ll be tabling for Nobrow at this event. I’ll be blogging about some great deals and freebies we’ll have for Nobrow and Flying Eye fans in the next couple of weeks.

Other guests include Paul B Rainey, Russell Mark Olson, Andy ‘Zoot’ Hanks, John Tucker, Paul Ashley Brown, Olga Alexandra, Simon L.Read, Sarah ‘Milmo’ Millman, Steve Sims, Nick Prolix and many, many more. This is a real treat for comics and art fans and an event which is in it’s second year that has a great sense of community. It’s highly recommended. 

Have a read about this event here https://bamcomicfair.blogspot.com/

Get those creative juices stirring!

See you there and thanks for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment