Thursday 14 November 2019

BAM incoming!


Please excuse me for a moment of self promotion - more reviews of other people's much better comics will follow shortly.

BAM is back and I'll be tabling next to my podcast brother Vince Hunt. This is a cracking Small Press Comics and art centric event run by the locals creators and fans.

I'll have a variety of my comics on the table for you to buy from the sordid to the adventurous to the all ages kids section (yes folks I do children's comics as well - hard to believe I know). So I thought I would give you a little rundown of what will be available.


The Spark issue 1.

This is the new ongoing comics magazine from Fair Spark Books and one that I have co-edited with Aaron Rackley and also have a strip in the back with Vince Hunt called 'Monster Spotters Club'. The magazine is full of science fiction action and scary monsters and we are hard at work on issue two as I type. In the grand old tradition of British comics we have a host in the form of the mighty Springworth from Andy Hanks. 

This comic makes an ideal addition to a kid's Christmas presents and will occupy they for ruddy hours! Worth every penny at the price of £3.50!

Find your copy right here https://www.thesparkmag.co.uk/issue-1


Look he's back!

Making Comics with Springworth is a comics and activity book written by myself and gorgeously drawn and coloured by one of the best artists out there Andy Hanks. This is proving to be quite a hit and provides superhero and monster fighting action for kids and allows them to join in to colour and design costumes/creatures and explosions!

Ideal for bored kids in the back of cars! This'll shut them right up! 


Just £3.50.

Now...……..

Prepare to get a bit dark.


'The Whore Chronicles' issue 1.

(Cover design by Vince Hunt).

Are you tired with the cliché driven images in our media of what prostitutes look like and behave like? I began to get annoyed with the glamorous lives that they never live being put on my tv screens and comics pages so I created this to show the truth.

Written by me with art by Vince Hunt, Rachael Ball, Sarah Harris, Charles Raymond, Rik Jackson, Tom Curry and Stuart Mulrain this is a comic and prose collection that is not for the sensitive. 


Reader Beware.


'Cyn'

This is a fun little zine that I did with Matt 'Block Rockin' Beats' Harrower earlier this year. It's a nostalgic look at the movies of the nineties with a short samurai strip written by me with art by Mr H.

I'll be selling it for a single pound or you'll get a free one with any other purchase.


If you're after an unbeatable Christmas deal then you have come to the right place! Vince will be on hand selling issues 1 - 4 of the Awesome Comics anthology for just £5!!!!

Featuring stories that are full of grindhouse action from Vince Hunt, Daniel Marc Chant, myself, Nick Prolix and the death defying Dan Butcher this is dripping in cool indie comics horror action if I do say so myself!

If you can't make it to the event then hop over to https://awesomecomicpod.bigcartel.com/
before they all sell out!

BAM is shaping up to be another top event and keep your eye out on here for more announcements.

Many thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment