Sunday 30 December 2018

Ain’t Comics Great!



(Art by Dimitris Zach).

Over at the Awesome Comics Podcast we ran an Xmas art swap. Organised this year by Brandon Murer this is turning into something really special. The art that people were swapping just for fun is really inspiring and exceptionally accomplished.

If you are a fan of reading and/or creating comics I’d urge you to join Awesome Comics Talk on Facebook. It’s a refreshing place full of enthusiasm, comics chat, advice and a great place to find a collaboration. You can also follow the recent thread of art that comics people did in their spare time for fun.

Above is the piece that one of my favourite artists, Dimitris Zach, did for me. I’m ashamed to say that I’m not an artist and have nothing to swap really other than my thanks and a number of beers I intend to buy when I head to Edinburgh next. Just look at the detail in that piece! If I was grown up enough to have a business card that’s exactly what it would show!




Look for Mr Zach’s art and here is a handy review of a book of his you really need to see! http://neverironanything.blogspot.com/2018/05/in-review-man-in-gutter-collection-by.html ‘The Man in the Gutter’ is a cracking newspaper strip format of a comic that just rips along with some fantastic visuals and a fresh and imaginative style.

You can also find him on Instagram @Dimitris. Zach I highly recommend following this creator and I’ll be looking out for what he does next with eagerness.

If you are nearby you can also buy a physical copy of ‘The Man in the Gutter’ by Dimitris at Dead Head Comics in Edinburgh. Here is the website. https://www.deadheadcomics.co.uk/

And finally, here’s a great interview that Mauro did with Dimitris over at his blog. Some great detail and insight into process and story. Well worth a read. https://mildlyinterestingcomics.blogspot.com/2018/07/i-teach-you-superman-comic-for-all-and.html

I actually drew something in an attempt to feel part of the gang. But it’s so ball shrinkingly bad you won’t be seeing it on here!


Have a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment