The New Ridiculous Comic Competition - Year 1.
This year at. Thoughtbubble myself and some Comics Club pals decided to have a bit of fun.
The premise was to but the most ridiculous comic we could find and later over dinner the group as a whole would decide on a winner.
Here are the rules so you can play along at home.
1. Spending is limited to £1.
2. You have a limited time to buy the book (this year it was between 2pm and 5pm in any of the Thoughtbubble 2013 halls).
3. You can buy as many issues as you like but must only put forward a single comic (not a trade) as your candidate.
4. The winner receives all the comics in the competition as a prize.
5. Anything by Paul Cornell is not allowed - too easy.
This years players were myself, Alex Martin and Matthew Harrower.
Further judges were Dave Stokes, Jess and Dean Beattie and Marc Laming.
All comics were carefully examined by contestants and judges. Good and bad points were thoroughly discussed.
The entrants were as follows.
1. Damsels issue 10.
2. Images of Shadowhawk issue 1.
3. Action Force Monthly issue 9.
The winner was Action Force Monthly. The other two books were joint second.
This sort of thing may well have helped?
A fine showing. Can it be bettered next year?