Saturday 1 October 2011

The Boy Wonder Reviews - Teen Titans #1.

Hi all.  This is another in our semi regular Boy Wonder Reviews.

For those who have not read it before here is the premise.  My son is a 14 year old comics reading son of a 42 year old comics reader (with me so far).  I (the 42 year old in the equation) am worried that comics are no longer teenager friendly.  So once in a while my son writes me a little review.

This week we have chosen the New 52 Teen Titans issue 1.

Here goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teen Titans issue 1.



Writer - Scott Lobdell.
Pencils - Brett Booth.
Inks - Norm Rapmund.
Colours - Andrew Dalhouse.

Editor  Bobbie Chase.
Publisher DC Comics.

In this first issue of the new Teen Titans series they introduce all the known characters but don't seem to give any info about the others who are shown on the front cover.

I especially like the new equipment for Red Robin.  The bullet proof wings are a brilliant idea.  The writers seem to have Wonder Girl be the polar opposite of how she used to be.  She actually starts off by stealing a car.

I don't like the speed at which the story progresses.  The entire comic didn't really seem to go anywhere and I wish that they had at least dropped hints about the future storyline or the newer characters.



The art is brilliant throughout with lots of detail and good colouring.  The colouring is great on the new costumes.  I especially like the Flash's costume.  I like the realistic looking armour on the costumes as well.

If you want to get back in to The Teen Titans this is a good place to start.  I will continue to buy this comic and enjoyed it.

PS.  Look in the background on page 11 when the cop gets out of his car to see the Hooded Woman.

Art - 9 out of 10.

Writing - 6 out of 10.

Favourite Character - Red Robin.

Overall Comic - 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment